GDPR is GOOD !
General Data Protection Regulation will be effective accross EU (Includes UK) from 25th May 2018.
It will help create a more trusting relationship between you and your customers.
GDPR helps customers understand what information do you collect and how it will be used.
The Law will also enable customers to specify permissions and consent to remove their data (or any specific part of data)
Countdown to GDPR
What & How
- GDPR Law will regulate how any organization treats or uses the personal data of EU citizens, including organizations located outside of the EU.
- Personal data is any piece of data that, used alone or with other data, could identify a person.
- If you collect, change, transmit, erase, or otherwise use or store the personal data of EU citizens (includes United Kingdom), you’ll need to comply with the GDPR.
The GDPR Law has seperate regulatory requirements for
- Data Controllers (250 Employees or More)
- Data Controllers (Less than 250 Employees)
- Data Processors (250 Employees or More)
- Data Processors (Less than 250 Employees)
Before undertaking our self assessment checklist to help your organisation get ready for the GDPR, you should first determine whether your organisation processes personal data as a “data controller” or “data processor”. The definition of these two terms can be found in the Guide to the GDPR.
I’m a Data Processor
A data processor is anyone who processes personal data on behalf of the data controller (excluding the data controller’s own employees). This could be a third party service like “Mailchimp” or a Digital Marketer you have employed to do your Email Campaigns.
I’m a Data Controller
The data controller is the person (or business) who determines the purposes for which, and the way in which, personal data is processed. For example If your company collects Personal Data for Marketing purpose which you have strategized then you are the “Controller”
If you are in EU or process / process data of EU Citizens, We highly recommend you to learn as much as possible of GDPR. We at Deep Focus our commited to empowering our Customers to gain better insights so they can make Key Decisions with confidence.